Many Australians don't realise they have access to Transition to Retirement (TTR) strategies if they are over 55 and are still working.
TTR strategies can help you make the most of your transition to retirement by:
- working less for the same income
- boosting your super savings without affecting your income, or
- increasing your income while continuing to work the same number of hours.
The opportunity to work less without reducing your income is attractive to many people, especially if they're looking to spend more time with their children and grandchildren. Many people however prefer to continue work and boost their superannuation savings while not affecting their take home pay.
Trying to implement a TTR strategy by yourself can be an overwhelming process. However, seeking advice from a Financial Services Partners Adviser can make it less daunting. After all, planning for your financial future should be a positive experience.
When you seek advice from a Financial Services Partners Adviser, they will:
- help you define your retirement goals
- assess your current financial situation and needs
- review your insurance, investment and superannuation portfolio
- provide specific advice on how to increase your superannuation
- consider and recommend a Transition to Retirement (TTR) strategy that is suitable for you.
Your Financial Services Partners Adviser will work with you to develop a financial plan that's specifically tailored towards reaching your retirement goals.