Starting your first real job is exciting. However, it can also be quite daunting, especially if you are straight out of study. Although you may have had many part-time jobs, nothing quite prepares you for the transition to a five-day working week.
Now is the time to start thinking about what you want out of life.
At this stage of your life, you need to establish your priorities, and work out the best way to achieve them.
A Financial Services Partners Adviser can work with you through a checklist of things you should begin considering at this stage of your life.
- helping you define your financial goals
- establishing a budget
- having a good debt management plan in place, including the quickest way to pay off your government HELP debt
- creating a short and long-term savings plan
- implementing an investment strategy
- setting up a superannuation account for your employer contributions if you have superannuation choice
- assessing whether you are eligible for the government superannuation co-contribution, and
- taking out income protection insurance.
A Financial Services Partners Adviser can help you begin this journey. By using your aspirational lifestyle goals as a benchmark for success, your adviser will evaluate your current situation and create a personal financial plan that's suitable for you.
If you're ready for first job financial advice, we can match you with a suitable Financial Services
Partners Adviser who will be happy to begin working with you to create a financial plan that's right for you.
To get started, please use our adviser matching service.