Divorce or separation
The implications of a relationship or marriage breakdown can be significant. Your family and financial responsibilities may feel overwhelming. You may suffer an unexpected crisis in identity and have trouble explaining to those closest to you what happened. It can even lead to depression.
There are immediate tasks that need to be sorted out such as the care of dependents, living arrangements and dealing with the financial change ahead.
An essential step to surviving and thriving after separation or divorce is having a financial battle plan. Managing money can be a daunting prospect in the best of times. It becomes event more important at times like this.
The good news is that a Financial Services Partners Adviser can help you. You don't have to make financial decisions by yourself.
They will assist you with:
- taking stock of your current situation
- identifying the assets of the relationship, including superannuation, pensions and trusts
- understanding your immediate cash flow needs
- helping you create a budget
- submitting hardship applications to superannuation funds, if required
- identifying if you are entitled to any assistance from Centrelink
- superannuation, ensuring your nominated beneficiaries are revised
- future retirement funding advice
- wealth protection through insurance
- creating a child support trust, if appropriate.
Estate planning issues are also important at this time. Your Financial Services Partners Adviser can also work with your legal adviser to ensure:
- severance of joint tenancy on property
- Power of attorney and a will is in place, where appropriate.
Your Financial Services Partners Adviser will work with you to develop a financial plan that's specifically tailored to you. They will evaluate your current situation and take into account your future financial and lifestyle goals.
If you need support following a divorce or separation, we can match you with a suitable Financial Services
Partners Adviser who will be happy to begin working with you to create a financial plan that's right for you.
To get started, please use our adviser matching service.